Awards and Accreditations
- Named as one of America's 100 Best HospitalsTM for stroke care for the past four years (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- First and only Joint Commission (JCAHO)-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in Suffolk County (2018)
- Designated a public health-certified stroke center (2005) and earned one of only two Joint Commission (JCAHO)-Certified Primary Stroke Centers in Suffolk County (2004)
- Recipient of Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association for the "Get with the Guidelines" Stroke Program (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019), with added distinction of "Target Stroke Honor Roll Award" (2014, 2017) and highest award of "Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite Status" (2015, 2016, 2018, 2019)
- Recipient of Silver Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association for the "Get with the Guidelines" Stroke Program (2009)
- Recipient of Bronze Award from the American Stroke Association for the "Get with the Guidelines" Stroke Program (2008)
Leading the Field
- Long Island's first Mobile Stroke Unit Program, designed to provide specialized, life-saving care to people within the critical moments of stroke before they even get to the hospital.
- Suffolk County's only comprehensive stroke center offering endovascular treatment for stroke, 24-hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week.
- Suffolk County's only Adult and Pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center (the highest level as verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- First institution in the country to treat cerebral aneurysm with the Pipeline embolic device in the setting of the COCOA and PUFS clinical research trials
- First institution on Long Island to utilize Onyx® for arteriovenous malformations and aneurysms
- First institution on Long Island to utilize the Penumbra System® for clot removal in acute ischemic stroke
- First to offer intracranial stroke treatment with novel temporary endovascular bypass technology